Trying to unravel the mystery of Instagram captions ? You are in the right place !
If you're anything like me, you take about four minutes to choose a filter for your Instagram photo, and about four hours to decide on a caption.
The worst part is that after a lot of creative effort and advice from my friends, I'm usually barely able to write a caption that goes beyond “I had a great day with my friends!
(don't judge me 😁)
Next time you're looking for a caption to go with your Instagram photo, take a look at our list of Instagram captions below.
You can test out a lot of great Insta captions (just make sure your audience will actually find your caption funny, smart, or the right amount of sarcasm), but in the end, analyze your Insta post engagement to find out what works best. .
Come on, let's get to the heart of the matter!
What is an Instagram caption?
An Instagram caption is a written description or explanation of the Instagram photo to provide more specific context. Instagram captions can include emojis, hashtags, and tags. Here's an example of an Instagram caption :
How to write an Instagram caption?
You are probably wondering how to write a good Instagram caption . Follow these 2 tips:
- Observe the limit on the number of characters.
- Get your followers to take action.
- Use emojis to catch the eye.
What is the character limit for instagram captions?
The character limit for Instagram captions is 2,200 characters. How many words are 2,200 characters long? About 330 words, roughly.
You will also like: All about the Instagram Swipe up
Get your followers to take action
The most engaged Insta posts tend to have Instagram captions asking for something.
You can request friend tags such as “tag a friend who would like an autographed t-shirt”.
You can also use your Instagram caption to ask a question such as “What do you think about this look? And of course you can request a purchase by having people click on the link in the bio.
By asking for something, you engage your audience and strengthen your relationship with them. All the good Instagram captions get people talking, sharing or buying.
You may also like: When to post on Instagram?
Instagram caption: examples and ideas
Below, you'll find dozens of unique and quirky Instagram description examples to inspire you.
Funny Instagram Captions
- I'm just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking for a cheesecake.
- What if we told you… that you can eat without posting it on Instagram?
- I need six months of vacation, twice a year.
- We know the voices in our heads aren't real, but sometimes their ideas are just too good to ignore.
- When I want to give up my dreams, I continue to sleep.
You will also like: All about Insta stories
Instagram Captions Lifestyle
- The trip is always the best part.
- Good vibes only.
- Be the type of person you want to meet.
- Treat yourself like a king and you will attract your queen.
- Follow your heart in everything you do
- Don't wait for the storm to pass, go out and dance in the rain.
- She brings out the best in me.
- My life isn't perfect, but it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- I am weird and I take responsibility. Being normal is boring, isn't it?
Instagram Descriptions Ideas for Christmas
- Can I wrap you up? 🎁
- New year, new look.
- Start the year on the right foot.
- 365 new days, chances and opportunities to seize.
- You are my greatest gift.
- It's starting to look like Christmas 👀.
Instagram caption examples for sports
- Beast mode activated
- Keep your squats low and your standards high
- Life goal: Play sports, but say yes to tacos.
- Believe you can, and you are halfway there.
- Results don't come overnight.
- Being strong isn't just about lifting.
- You don't grow up when things are easy. We grow up when we are faced with challenges.
- I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I do it for myself.
Inspirational Insta Captions
- Fake it until you make it.
- Be in love with you life, every minute of it.
- If you don't do what you love, you are wasting your time.
- No one is too busy, it's just a matter of priority.
- Travel. Your money will return. Your time won't.
- If you are not ready to fail, you are not ready to succeed.
- You get paid for your value, not your time.
- Don't wait for a change if you don't.
- Do what keeps you more alive.
You will also like: how to get more Instagram followers?
Instagram Legend FAQ
An Instagram caption is a written description or explanation of the Instagram photo to provide more specific context.
An Insta caption can contain up to 2,200 characters.
You will also like: Everything about Instagram bio